Plastic foils and certified plastic shims. Available in the range of 12 to 20.000 micron. These foils can be applied to all ferrous- or non-ferrous metal substrates.
Non-Certified Plastic Shims
Non-Certified Plastic Shims (foils) provide a quick operational check of the instrument and they allow the user to perform practice measurements when placed over metal.
- Provide a quick operational check of the instrument by allowing the user to perform practice measurements
- Can be used to protect the probe when measuring on tacky, rough or hot surfaces
- Labeled in both Metric and Imperial units
Certified Plastic Shims
Certified Plastic Shims (foils) provide an economical alternative to coated metal plates. They have a reduced accuracy of ±2 µm (±0.08 mil). A coating thickness gage measures shim thickness when this shim is placed over a smooth metal surface (zero plate). Alternatively, they can be placed over an uncoated metal substrate. They are not suitable for use with magnetic pull-off gages.
- Each shim is packaged in their own plastic protective pouch
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST is included with each shim or set of shims
- Certified and labeled in both Metric and Imperial units